First time dryland cotton growers are lining up in droves to join the fibre crop’s rebounding fortunes after an unusually wet winter sets the scene for a 4 million bale crop.
- On an overcast day in the Riverina, a crowd of about 400 saw 31,000 Merino sheep yarded for the Hay Merino Breeders Inc. annual spring sale for total clearance.
- One of the few remaining commercial-scale grazing properties in the Bungendore district has been listed for sale.
- Restockers are driving the cattle market more than ever, now paying a premium over processors of just under 50 cents a kilogram carcase weight.
- A feature of the regular store cattle sale at Wodonga was the offering of the complete dispersal of the Angus herd on account EC Seidel and Co, “Buckingbong”, Narrandera.
- Sydney fund manager Iain Gray has tipped Achill West, a 2216-hectare grazing property near Armidale on to the market, with expectations of between $8 million and $8.5 million.
- The consortium of Australian families known as BBHO has received debt funding from Rabobank, enabling it to officially make a $386 million bid for Australia's largest landholder S. Kidman and Company.
- The Burdekin Shire Council has held preliminary planning discussions with Wilmar Sugar regarding cane haulage options should wet weather continue to hamper cane harvesting this crushing season.
- Alex Croker has won the Mike Nixon memorial shield.
- Some of the highlights from The Land photographer and journalists across the state this week.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.