Margaret Rees, Balnarring, has made a name for herself as the local “cow lady”, after growing popularity of her cow oil paintings.
- Drug and alcohol testing in shearing sheds has been proposed in an effort to tackle widespread reports of methamphetamine, or 'ice', abuse in the Australian wool industry.
- A Speckle Park on-property breed record was achieved at the Minnamurra bull sale, Coolah last Friday.
- The protection of native vegetation has long been a fraught issue in Australia.
- The native vegetation codes, which form a significant part of the NSW government’s biodiversity reforms are currently on exhibition for public consultation until June 21.
- A remarkable show of support for Lock Rogers' life work in the Angus breed has turned an emotional day into a joyous celebration as stage one of the family dispersal grossed $2.2m with 259 females, PTIC, sold averaging $8455 and topping twice at $38,000.
- In what's believed to be a one in 400,000 chance, triplet bull calves have been born at Illowa.
- The Australian sheepmeat industry is campaigning United Kingdom to remove country-specific tariff quotas which have given New Zealand (NZ) a $500 million trade leg-up annually for the past four decades.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.