A royal commission on the back of the Murray Darling Basin is inevitable, writes Mal Peters.
- Scorching hot winds during the past week may have been the final straw, prompting farmers to abandon hopes of late rain and instead put the livestock in to salvage some value.
- Joof Albert first toyed with macadamias in 1972 back on his home soil of South Africa and has re-entered the game on the NSW North Coast with the same pioneering spirit.
- Here are our picks of the top five movies about farm life. What are yours?
- Quandialla based Merino breeders, the Ryan family, were very pleased with their 95 per cent clearance and $2165 average at their on-property ram sale on September 26.
- Big isn't always better when it comes to Australian businesses wanting to capitalise on the so-called Asian dining boom
- Speckle Park bulls topped at $20,500 and stud females reached $18,000 twice at the Scone multi-vendor sale on Saturday.
- Buyers from southern NSW, central and northern Queensland and between turned up for the 50th Weebollabolla bull sale at Moree.
- In the grip of another dry year in the Western Plains it is easy to let the weather dictate your mood.
- RICHMOND Merinos achieved a full clearance selling to a top of $5000 at their on-property sale at Quandialla, yesterday.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.