A Holstein heifer calf sold for a massive $251,000 at International Dairy Week at Tatura, Victoria, on Wednesday night.
- EXCITEMENT is growing among dairy farmers from the tiny Berry Co-operative about a $2 million milk processing factory under construction.
- A DREAM to buy an Australian farm was realised for one Chinese-based investor last week, at a price of $8.2 million for 1214 hectares.
- IN A paddock on “Umagarlee” near Breeza an American style barn is all that remains from the 2005 ﬁlming of Hollywood blockbuster, Superman Returns, which aired in 2006.
- A focus on organic production will be enhanced through research carried out by Lismore's Southern Cross University with industry collaboration.
- Armidale property Black Gully sold for an undisclosed figure after being passed in at an Elders’ auction for $1.7 million.
- The NSW Government is poised to announce whether it will cull more than 5000 brumbies from Kosciuszko National Park.
- Eighteen commercial Crookwell Merino breeders opened their property gates this week to show the best of their maiden ewes in the ninth annual ANZ Agribusiness Crookwell Flock Ewe Competition.
- A vision to deliver consistent and viable markets for male dairy calves will see NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) dairy development officer, Peter Havrlant, embark on an ambitious project as part of his 2016 Churchill Fellowship.
- Hemp will come under the focus of regulators in April.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.