HIS 40 hectare property lease in China is worth an estimated $30 million, but Qianlong Ji wants to sell it for a slice of Australia's agricultural land.
National Sheep & Wool Writer
Annabelle Cleeland is Fairfax Media’s national sheep and wool writer. Annabelle joined the Fairfax team in 2012 to nurture her love of Australian agriculture. She began as the Victorian western district reporter at Stock & Land before taking on a senior position as a journalist reporting on all industries statewide. Annabelle’s appetite to report on issues which affect the sheep and wool industry has seen her travel to many parts of Australia and abroad. She is excited to spin industry yarns during a period of substantial demand for the sheepmeat and wool industries. Annabelle enjoys horse riding and climbing mountains, and is a lazy supporter of the Geelong Football Club.
AUSTRALIAN Wool Innovation (AWI) chiefs are doubtful shareholders of Graziers' Investment Company (GIC) will receive a slice of the dormant company’s $20 million bank balance once liquidation is finalised.
The Australian sheepmeat industry is campaigning United Kingdom to remove country-specific tariff quotas which have given New Zealand (NZ) a $500 million trade leg-up annually for the past four decades.
Major supermarkets’ decision to discount lamb cuts as high as 30 per cent recently has left small butchers reeling, as independent owners struggle to pass on the extraordinary saleyard prices.
Drug and alcohol testing in shearing sheds has been proposed in an effort to tackle widespread reports of methamphetamine, or 'ice', abuse in the Australian wool industry.
AUSTRALIAN Wool Innovation (AWI) will announce its intentions to support a digital Wool Exchange Portal (WEP) to buy and sell wool within the fortnight.
GLOBAL retailers have tapped into a new chain of custody for the Australian wool industry, which is set to process 500 tonne of wool under a new initiative between Australian Merino Exports and Roberts Limited.
PREDICTING weather conditions and the direct impact seasonal changes have on enterprises is the crystal ball every farmer wants to own.
Pyramul fine wool producers, the Hundy family, have been crowned the prestigious Cleckheaton Grand Champion Superfine Fleece Trophy during the annual Australian Superfine Woolgrowers' Association (ASWGA) annual conference in Hamilton, Victoria.
In the battle against animal rights activists, Australian Wool Innovation’s (AWI) weapon of choice is a credit card.
- The big pastoral listings just keep coming.
- There was a good crowd at this year's Moree picnic races which featured a six race program, Fashions on the Field competition and live band.
- The upcoming end of financial year opens some opportunities for growers to make strategic purchases for on-farm, but if one of those purchases is a new silo, there are some key factors to consider.
- After 23 years of breeding White Suffolk sheep, Graeme and Rosemary Small will be dispersing their Abrona White Suffolks on June 30.
- Permit anger: time to get serious on rules governing movement of farm machinery on roads
- YOU need to consider your land, the enterprise run on it and what tasks are done daily when choosing the right tractor for your operation.
- Follow all the action from the State Sheep Show here.
- ONE of Brewarrina's largest grazing aggregations has hit the market as retiring Hunter Valley cattleman, Manuel Fernandes winds down operations.
- ONE of Canada's largest pension funds has made its first rural land purchase in Australia through central Queensland's Hewitt Cattle Company.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.