Following an exodus of Australia’s wool export giants in recent years, the strength of those still standing is powerful.
National Sheep & Wool Writer
Annabelle Cleeland is Fairfax Media’s national sheep and wool writer. Annabelle joined the Fairfax team in 2012 to nurture her love of Australian agriculture. She began as the Victorian western district reporter at Stock & Land before taking on a senior position as a journalist reporting on all industries statewide. Annabelle’s appetite to report on issues which affect the sheep and wool industry has seen her travel to many parts of Australia and abroad. She is excited to spin industry yarns during a period of substantial demand for the sheepmeat and wool industries. Annabelle enjoys horse riding and climbing mountains, and is a lazy supporter of the Geelong Football Club.
While wool remains a high risk industry and often fails to attract foreign investment, buoyed returns are enticing domestic capital injections.
Elders district wool broker Brett Smith has been crowned the 2017 National Council of Wool Selling Brokers of Australia's Wool Broker of the Year.
Buoyant wool prices have prompted many in the industry to declare a wool renaissance, reinvigorating an industry which lost many to poor returns.
AWH want to capitalise on their dominant export control of Australia’s wool clip, announcing a plan to digitally disrupt the supply chain.
IN just eight years, Landmark’s Candice Cordy has climbed to one of the most senior broker positions in the industry, as the Australian Fleece Competition convener.
Brett Smith is ambitiously lifting the production and profit of clients across the expansive North West NSW and Southern Queensland region.
- 'No job losses' as soil con services move to LLS
- What could be Australia’s largest hydroponic glasshouse operation and a free-range egg farm have hit the market.
- A partnership between NSW DPI and Sparklabs Cultiv8 will create an incubator for start-up ag businesses.
- It's with no sugar coating that I say the situation facing most crops across southern NSW looks very grim today.
- After months of price pressure, rendered beef products such as tallow have finally started to stabilise.
- NSW grain production estimates continue to decline as forecasters factor in the dry start to spring and recent frost damage.
- All the legends and characters from day two of the Henty Machinery Field Days.
- The Turnbull government will announce today that the contentious Queensland section of the inland rail will cross the Condamine floodplain.
- A new freight hub and ARTC office at Junee is being actively discussed at state level
- “After years and years advocating I still see women fall through the gaps of services.”
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.