A SENATE inquiry into primary production financial lending has made 27 recommendations aimed at enhancing farmers’ powers and rights in sensitive areas like debt mediation and farm foreclosures.
Political pressure continued to confront the Australian beef cattle sector in 2017 amid several significant reform challenges.
Outgoing LiveCorp Chairman David Galvin has expressed an unusually blunt view of the challenging economic conditions faced by the nation’s live exports industry.
DEALING with the local rollout of the inland rail’s construction is a double edged sword for rural members of federal parliament like Mark Coulton.
Queensland Nationals Senator Barry O’Sullivan speaks about his role in instigating a banking Royal Commission. that will also examine farming issues
Farmers have welcomed the banking Royal Commission as a “good thing” as a retrospective investigation to uncover and resolve poor practices towards the farm sector.
Removal of National Livestock Identification (NLIS) tags in “cattle duffing” is one of the concerns driving a Royal Commission into the banking sector.
Malcolm Turnbull has announced a Royal Commission into the banking sector will go ahead, following intensifying political pressure.
IMPACTED landholders can now comment on the federal government’s proposed route for the largest segment of the inland rail project – the Narromine to Narrabri corridor in NSW.
- “Technology is changing the way our customers are choosing to bank with us."
- Cotton Australia is estimating 30,000 hectares of cotton has been affected by spray drift.
- One of Canada’s biggest pension funds has teamed up with management of the expanding nut producer, processor and marketer Stahmann Farms Enterprises
- A partnership with JBS Australia is helping Andrews Meat Industries deliver quality fresh meat and pre-cooked meals fit for a king.
- Stock thieves, illegal hunters - and the structure of NSW Police - in the sights of former top cop
- Allan Ball has been using New England Merino genetics for 40 years.
- Cramped kitchen conditions and a popular craving for slow-cooked meals have the food service industry outsourcing ready-cooked meat products by the tonne.
- From 'worst cow' to best performer thanks to robotic data collection.
- Around 350 head of cattle went under the hammer at Kempsey Stock and Land’s last store and breeder sale for the year. Check out the photos.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.