You are invited to take part in this month's online Friday Forum.
The Land and RAMHP have partnered to get more people talking about mental health.
When: Friday, November 3, at 12pm.
Where: Right here!
The November forum will be an opportunity to have a chat about issues that can affect social and emotional well-being (SEWB).
This month’s forum is rescheduled from the July NAIDOC forum, which will look at how social and emotional well-being encompasses all aspects of health and well-being (physical and mental) while also drawing on the importance on culture, connection to land, and connection to community in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
There is a diverse panel, made up of Aboriginal leaders in health and community, ready to answer questions about”
- social, cultural and historical factors that impact SEWB;
- how culture can shape behaviour and influence help-seeking;
- how mental health and mental illness are described in Indigenous communities;
- what support services and help are available;
- what factors help improve health and well-being; and
- awareness and comfortability in starting a conversation.
You can ask questions on the day or submit them ahead of time.
- Please note the forum is not a crisis service. If you require assistance please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467.