Bill Shorten has rejected Emanuel Exports’ explanation of the unforeseen circumstances that struck the Alwassi Express voyage to the Middle East last year.
ENHANCED laws governing live animal exports could see CCTV monitoring for sea-bound shipments to hot spots like the Middle East to advance welfare outcomes.
If the government adopted a mandatory code of conduct for the dairy industry, processors could be fined hundreds of thousands for breaching the rules.
Two former regional politicians and two leading female rural advocates will be central to a new review of rural, regional and remote telecommunications services.
FARMERS are spearheading a new public campaign to safeguard the Fuel Tax Credits (FTC) scheme ahead of the May 8 federal budget.
World Animal Protection wants Primo to provide more labelling information so consumers can identify if foreign imported pork products came from countries that use sow-stalls.
ISLAMOPHOBIC comment on a placard brandished at an anti-live exports rally in Adelaide has been condemned as ‘divisive’.
MOVES are underway to try to resolve ongoing shortages in the Australian agricultural workforce, by overcoming “speculation” about the actual causes by generating current and reliable data.
INCORRECT media reporting about the actual amount of Australian government funding going towards training abattoir workers in Vietnam have been rebuked.
WESTERN Australian farmers have launched a counter-offensive warning about the sharp economic consequences of banning live sheep exports.
- According to some, at the heart of the matter could be shearer-farmer relations.
- Research needs rural voices to complete 15-minute anonymous survey
- Widespread dry conditions is making for a hard season selling bulls, and Waratah Speckle Park felt the impact at their on-property bull sale on Monday.
- The Merino Lifetime Productivity (MLP) Project Macquarie site held its annual field day today at Trangie.
- Watermin Drillers believe no other single factor can compare with the importance of an adequate water supply on a property.
- Under normal circumstances a Central West property with an impressive history of production would not be hitting the market just now, looking brown and droughty like the country all around.
- Visitors can sit inside the truck from Wolf Creek at a new exhibition of props from the film at the Amazing Mill Markets in Ballarat.
- The operators behind the plant notified police late last year.
- Advertiser content: Hardhat Angus prepares for biggest bull sale in its history.
- Australian Farm Institute director Mick Keogh says gross clearing stats shouldn't feature alone
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.