In a triumphant return after two years absence the Gilmore family took out grand champion ram and most successful exhibitor award in White Suffolk judging at Sydney Royal Show.
Feature meat breed at Sydney Royal, Hampshire Downs was represented by 49 sheep from Victorian and NSW exhibitors.
They may not be attracting a great amount of publicity, but Wiltshire Horn sheep are more popular than you may think.
Nomuula stud. Moombi, did one better than its Dorper showing - it took out all four broad ribbons in a clean-sweep White Dorper showing at Sydney Royal Show.
With just four head Nomuula stud, Moombi, took out three of the four broad ribbon wins in the Dorper section at Sydney Royal Show.
Merino breeders, supporters and enthusiasts gathered on the mat after judging for drinks and some conviviality prior to, and after, trophy presentations.
It was a grand champion ram and ewe tussle from Tara stud, Rockley, for supreme Texel exhibit, but Tara's milk tooth ram won the accolade.
With just half the breeding flock left after dogs savaged and killed rams and ewes within the relatively small Peel High School's Suffolk stud, Tamworth, students and teachers came out all smiles winning the grand champion exhibit.
New funding of $475,000 will go towards a Q fever education programs and research into vaccine improvement.
Merino ewes were popular at Narromine whether in lamb or not detectable and keenly sught after in big drafts by western restockers after some rain.
- The Man from Snowy River Stockman's challenge ladies event has been won by Emma O'Shea five years running.
- Twenty years of the Booligal Sheep Races was celebrated on a clear autumnal day by one of the biggest crowds seen during the lifetime of the event
- Jon Thompson, The Rock, is so impressed with his Limousin-cross offspring, he is in the process of converting his breeding herd to pure Limousin.
- Buyers were selective at Braidwood but continued to make their purchases as vendors are caught in a one-way trap.
- Massive Snowy project to ease energy crisis is '90 per cent sure' to go ahead
- DRY sowing of wheat is on the increase in Australia’s south-eastern cropping belt says CSIRO’s James Hunt, with more farmers picking a sowing date and sticking to it.
- Research has brought to a head Australian beer’s contribution to the national economy
- All fires are currently under control
- Take a trip down memory lane with these old photos from the Bega District News archives.
- The Road to Remembrance commemorates the courage of the Diggers who fought on the Western Front in The Great War 100 years ago.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.