Retail beef prices up to $750/kg in Japan, trade mission reports.
National Agriculture Writer - Beef
Shan Goodwin steers Fairfax Media’s national coverage of the beef industry. Shan has worked as a journalist for more than 20 years, the majority of that with agricultural publications. She spent many years as The Land’s North Coast reporter and has visited beef properties and stations throughout the country and overseas. Shan feels a need to play whatever small role she can in supporting Australia’s beef supply chain given how much beef her family consumes. She treats all breeds equally.
- THE expected bubble in prices after recent replenishing rain didn't happen, but the small crowd which attended the Dubbo store cattle sale last Friday did take home the entire offering of 3200 head at generally cheaper prices.
- Under normal circumstances a Central West property with an impressive history of production would not be hitting the market just now, looking brown and droughty like the country all around.
- In terms of "Straya" it doesn't get more Aussie than Bondi Beach on Australia Day. Check out the characters.
- Candelo couple looking to rule the nation’s television screens over coming weeks.
- F1s, F2s or more? And will the production growth erode the premiums?
- Rail is the future, not the past in new government initiatives
- While financial collapse and plummeting ticket sales have forced the cancellation of many music events in our major cities, savvy promoters and councils in regional NSW are cashing in on music lovers’ will to travel.
- Silage is a good form of fodder conservation and it's been working at Dunedoo.
- On a warm September evening last year, a piece of western Queensland history went up in smoke.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.