The Land caught up with each of the eight finalists at Rabobank’s FoodBytes pitchfest.
The finalists were:
- AgDraft – an online platform launched by Ella Shannon, Cowra, which connects farmers and job-seekers.
- IDLocate – a start-up which provides food traceability solutions founded by Ruth Money and Simon Bell, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Smart Robotic Viticulture – led by Dr Mark Whitty and his team at the University of NSW’s School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, this business develops products to help the viticulture industry.
- Phycofood – a food business launched by Dr Pia Winberg which makes and sells seaweed based products.
- Goterra – Olympia Yarger and Mick Thornett’s business which breeds black solider fly larvae for animal feed.
- Knewe – a New Zealand-based startup headed by Dr Graeme Coles which is developing an animal prebiotics product.
- Sprout Kitchens – A marketplace for kitchen space