The benefits of being mindful are well known for good mental health outcomes.
Now we have a whole month dedicated to mindfulness. May is a month that mindfulness is often strongly promoted, such as on social media via #mindfulmay.
The Land and RAMHP have partnered for a series of Friday Forums to promote mental wellbeing.
Our next online mental health forum will be held on Friday, May 5, at noon, and the theme will be “Improving your mental wellbeing”.
Our diverse team of panelists will discuss:
- Tips to reduce stress and anxiety;
- How to improve mental wellbeing, such as through volunteering, mindfulness;
- Ways to strengthen your resilience to cope with stresses of daily life;
- Where to seek help, and
- How to identify if someone needs help.
The panelists are:
- Caroline Jackson-Pierce – Acting Campaign Manager for Act-Belong-Commit at Mentally Healthy WA (Curtin University).
- Luke Martin – A clinical psychologist with experience working with children, young people and adults, who currently worked for beyondblue.
- Addie Wootten – A well-known leader in her field who brings her extensive background in clinical psychology, research and e-health to her position of CEO of Smiling Mind.
- Ngaio Chandler – Has worked in the Community Services sector for more than 10 years. She is now the Parents Community Manager at Reach Out.
The panel will also answer any questions.
- Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.