The Namoi Cotton Mungindi Cup was won by Cavitation at the Mungindi Races on Saturday, with a lively crowd gathered to cheer the horses on and have a go at fashions on the field.
The six-race met saw Cavitation win the B&W Rural and Namoi Cotton Mungindi Cup, with jockey Geoff Snowden, trainer Luke Berger and part owner Charlie Boyle very happy with the win.
The winners in the competitive fashions on the field were:
- Best Dressed Couple: Sara and Andrew Lethbridge, “Fenton”, Mungindi
- Best Millinery: Bree Roth, Gayndah
- Best Dressed Male: Tom Hudson, England
- Best Dressed Female: Loretta Walker, “South Bunarba”, Mungindi
- The ‘E’ Fashion Award was awarded to Clare Warby, “Rosscommon”, Mungindi
The race day also saw the unveiling of the Geoff Jakins Race Caller’s Stand in memory of a beloved committee member who lost his battle with Motor Neurone Disease last year.
While Stephen and Sandra Sykes received Lifetime Membership to the Mungindi Jockey Club.
The children were entertained by a jumping castle and face painter. They also enjoyed foot races, while a Dash4Cash also kicked up a bit of dust following the horse races.