Drought has gripped the state hard and fast and farmers, rural businesses and the like are grappling with their newfound reality.
Namoi Valley Independent Journalist Billy Jupp hit the saleyards in Gunnedah this week to establish the severity of the situation.
Want to know how to help? Check out our list of what-to-do here.
He spoke to stock and station agent Sam Plevey from Purtle Plevey Agencies. Mr Plevey is an agent in both Tamworth and Gunnedah and has an understand of how the drought is impacting livestock owners in the region.
As this is the first episode of this podcast we’d love to know what you think or if you think there is someone we should talk to. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas/thoughts.
READ MORE ABOUT THE PEEL VALLERY DROUGHT
- Gunnedah Shire Council gives locals pool testing water to help battle drought
- Tambar Springs CWA branch to host morning tea to support drought stricken farmers
- Gunnedah Band Hall to host latest GRDC update on July 24
- Drought stories, help the aim of photographer Edwina Robertson's latest project
- Drought relief a priority for Gunnedah and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry