The Australian Alpaca Nationals, have returned to Canberra after many years and for the first time the entire event is open to the public from today, August 23, until Sunday, August 25, at Exhibition Park.
This event will see top quality Australian breeding and alpaca products on show, in-front of the industry's top judges.
"We have the best of the best animals exhibited, as well as a fleece show that will shine a spotlight on the superb quality of Australian fleece and a fibre arts and product show which will be a true celebration of alpaca product," president of the Australian Alpaca Association, Ian Frith said.
"Learn about alpaca fibre, from paddock to products, or try your hand at weaving, spinning, felting, crochet or knitting and learn about the wonderful world of crafting with alpaca."
With featured youth events, fashion show, presentations, camel rides and of course Australia's best alpacas on show - go along and experience the world of alpacas.
- Three family-fun filled days of everything alpaca;
- Held at the Coorong Pavilion, EPIC, Canberra August 23-25;
- National fleece show;
- Fashion show parading the best alpaca apparel tonight;
- Retail stands and displays;
- Live, interactive alpaca fibre and yarn craft demonstrations;
- Camel rides (10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm each day); and
- Educational Q&A sessions.
The show is open to members of the public and all visitors are welcome, so get ready for a great family weekend outing.
- Visit: www.alpacaevents.com.au