SHOW ring stalwarts Pine Creek Angus had a Canberra Show debut that would leave many envious, taking all of the interbreed titles on offer.
Greg and Sharon Fuller, Woodstock, were awarded both the interbreed female and bull titles and interbreed breeder's group, before unanimously taken out the champion of champions title with their Angus cow/calf pair.
Judged by Glenn Trout of Kenmere Charolais, Holbrook, Tim Reid of JTR Cattle, Roslyn, and Sam Hunter of Agstock, Yass, the competition had all the grand champion females, grand champion bulls and winners of the breeder's group of each breed showcase their animals to co
PC Miss J260 Conversion M205 was the three-year-old cow that was named supreme beef exhibit, with her eight-month-old heifer calf at foot by PC Broken Bow M35.
It was only the second show for the Millah Murrah Conversion J260 daughter that is out of the PC Miss V14 Direction D226 cow, who first entered the show ring at Rylstone Show last weekend.
For the major win, she came up against stall mate PC Not Negotiable N142 that tipped the scales at an impressive 1235 kilograms.
By Northern View SMW Gustov 3Z and from PC Miss Morgan C117, this was not the first win for the 29-month-old who had previously been the reserve senior champion bull at the 2019 Melbourne Royal Angus feature show, and a class winner at both Sydney Royal and Adelaide Royal.
The two interbreed champions were part of the Fuller's interbreed breeder's group that won.
The top three for the interbreed breeder's group were:
- Angus: Pine Creek Angus, Woodstock
- Fleckvieh: Daraabah Fleckvieh, Dubbo
- Limousin: Kyanne Limousins, Cowra
The top three for the interbreed female were:
- Angus: PC Miss J260 Conversion M205, Pine Creek Angus, Woodstock
- Limousin: Myers Moonbeam, Kia Ora Limousins, Roslyn
- Simmental: Settlers Nicky, Richard Wilkinson
The top three for the interbreed bull were:
- Angus: PC Not Negotiable N142, Pine Creek Angus, Woodstock
- Poll Hereford: Granite Hill Pinnacle, Danny Hill, Bungendore
- Limousin: Myers Northern Star, Kia Ora Limousins, Rosyln