Summer feed prospects following recent rain has renewed restocker interest for Dubbo store cattle with northwestern and southwestern buyers seen to be keen on drafts last Friday.
Imports have flooded pork product leading up to Christmas drowning any price spike local pig breeders normally expect in this festive season.
It’s been suggested a cotton handkerchief would be as efficient, but it would not attract as many inquisitive readers.
Predicted rain at the end of the week under-pinned a firm result for the 6500 store sheep at Narromine last Wednesday.
Michael Lyons wants to know why his voting papers arrived in his post two days before the AWI general meeting and two hours after voting closed.
Strong competition for the 6500 head yarding came from Central tablelands, Forbes and southern area buyers at the Narromine store sheep sale today.
- Why is our feed barley now sought after even at premiums to Black Sea feed and other origins?
- The 73-year-old reportedly fell from the bike while checking his farm for grasshoppers on the weekend.
- A week after his son went missing in Queensland, Brendan Tompsett says he still has no idea where the 22-year-old is.
- AgriProtien's fly farms, fed with food waste, have won the BBC Food Chain Global Champion title
- Coonamble farmer John Single speaks out on spray drift
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.