AMIC not representative, innovative or effective: Teys
National Agriculture Writer - Beef
Shan Goodwin steers Fairfax Media’s national coverage of the beef industry. Shan has worked as a journalist for more than 20 years, the majority of that with agricultural publications. She spent many years as The Land’s North Coast reporter and has visited beef properties and stations throughout the country and overseas. Shan feels a need to play whatever small role she can in supporting Australia’s beef supply chain given how much beef her family consumes. She treats all breeds equally.
- Government push to make two regional centres mega-cities
- Follow all the action from Sydney Olympic Park here as cattle and sheep Easter Show champions are announced.
- Day two of George and Fuhrmann’s annual three-day weaner sale at Casino delivered strong steer prices, topping above $1536 for weaner steers, 10 months, with large volume buyers slugging it out for top bid and later complaining about high price.
- Where to take your donations of clothes, food and money to support Tathra relief effort.
- Sometime things change as much as they stay the same.
- Testing is showing that fat from Australian White sheep has a melting point similar to Wagyu meat, giving it big ticks in the eating quality and health worlds.
- Rural doctors want the DWS system to focus on skills, not plugging holes.
- Tom Stockwell's final NTCA president speech a ripper.
- The quiet passing of admired cattleman and industry leader John Underwood AM, has left heavy hearts but a significant legacy across the NT and northern cattle industry and community.
- AWI has moved to enhance shearing shed safety after recent accidents including a woman being scalped on a property in central-west NSW late last year.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.