WESTERN Australian farmers have launched a counter-offensive warning about the sharp economic consequences of banning live sheep exports.
THE WA Pastoralists and Graziers’ Association has fired a warning shot at panicked east coast politicians warning them about consequences of banning the live sheep trade.
TRANSPORT Minister Michael McCormack has announced the appointment of former Deputy Prime Minister and Nationals leader Warren Truss as Chair of the Australian Rail Track Corporation.
Michael McCormack says live animal exporters are ‘very much on notice’ and any that transgress in future should be stripped of their export licenses.
Bill Shorten has rocked political ranks today, in calling for an immediate ban on live sheep exports to the Middle East.
Dissenting calls to ban live sheep exports within the Coalition government have been backed by the Greens but rejected by David Littleproud.
DISSENTING calls to ban live sheep exports within the Coalition government have been backed by the Greens but rejected by David Littleproud.
FIERCE debate has erupted amongst national livestock farming groups about fresh moves to try to adopt an Inspector General for Animal Welfare dedicated to live exports.
MICHAEL McCormack will give his first major live televised speech today at the National Press Club since becoming leader, outlining his political priorities for regional Australians.
LIVESTOCK industry representatives are holding an emergency meeting tonight to discuss plans to potentially backflip on an independent Inspector General of Animal Welfare.
- Dissenting calls to ban live sheep exports within the Coalition government have been backed by the Greens but rejected by David Littleproud.
- YOU need to consider your land, the enterprise run on it and what tasks are done daily when choosing the right tractor for your operation.
- Jon Thompson, The Rock, is so impressed with his Limousin-cross offspring, he is in the process of converting his breeding herd to pure Limousin.
- The Bourchier family has bought the McPherson family's renowned Tarramia estate on Lake Mulwala for more than $10 million.
- David Littleproud says the live cattle exports have undergone a cultural shift in Vietnam and now “accepted” Australia's animal welfare standards.
- Advertiser: The insatiable Chinese market has become a profitable venture for this Australian grain supply chain company dealing in sorghum.
- In a rare win for farmers, the promise of much improved seasonal conditions for the crop and the livestock industries is coinciding with falling fertiliser prices.
- The artist behind Victoria’s famed Brim silos stopped in the tiny Central West town of Manildra this week to create a series of works.
- Specialised super absorbent polymers are a simple fool-proof fix for leaking dams.
- Woman receives lengthy jail term
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.