Some of NSW's top Shorthorn stud are heading to Tamworth for this year's Spring Fling sale on July 26.
Acting livestock editor The Land
Former editor of The Land, former Fairfax Media Agricultural Editor
Budding Angus studmaster, Lachie Ware, Wongalea stud, Duri, has thanked his grandparents for helping to give him a start.
John Stephens from Boorowa has worked in shearing sheds all his life and aims to keep going for as long as possible.
The Tasmanian judge at this year's NSW Dorset Championships at Cowra, Julian Iles, says "a bit of neck" is an important trait for Poll Dorsets.
A Poll Dorset ewe from the Frost family's Hillden stud at Bannister won the coveted supreme exhibit honours at the NSW Dorset Championships at Cowra.
The Scott family from Valley Vista stud at Coolac triumphed at the NSW Dorset Championships at Cowra taking grand champion ram.
The contribution of James Litchfield, now 91, to sheep and cattle breeding was recognised in the Queen's birthday honours.
Leading Central West shearing contractor, Hilton Barrett, says too many shearing sheds lack basic amenities such as flushing toilets and running water.
The last lot in the catalogue caused excitement at the National Shorthorn Sale at Dubbo when a bull from the Job family's Royalla stud at Yeoval went for $40,000.
- According to some, at the heart of the matter could be shearer-farmer relations.
- Research needs rural voices to complete 15-minute anonymous survey
- Widespread dry conditions is making for a hard season selling bulls, and Waratah Speckle Park felt the impact at their on-property bull sale on Monday.
- The Merino Lifetime Productivity (MLP) Project Macquarie site held its annual field day today at Trangie.
- Watermin Drillers believe no other single factor can compare with the importance of an adequate water supply on a property.
- Under normal circumstances a Central West property with an impressive history of production would not be hitting the market just now, looking brown and droughty like the country all around.
- Visitors can sit inside the truck from Wolf Creek at a new exhibition of props from the film at the Amazing Mill Markets in Ballarat.
- The operators behind the plant notified police late last year.
- Advertiser content: Hardhat Angus prepares for biggest bull sale in its history.
- Australian Farm Institute director Mick Keogh says gross clearing stats shouldn't feature alone
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.