WHO IS SCOTT MORRISON?
* Born May 13, 1968 in Sydney
* Married to Jenny and has two daughters
* Often referred to as ScoMo
* Studied an economics and geography degree at the University of NSW
* General Manager of Tourism Council between 1996-1998, then Director of the New Zealand Office of Tourism and Sport 1998-2000.
* State Director of the NSW Liberal Party 2000-2004
* As director of Tourism Australia 2004-2006 he presided over the campaign featuring the slogan "Where The Bloody Hell Are You?
* Elected as the Federal Member for Cook in 2007 after first losing the preselection to Michael Towke, who was disendorsed over reported branch stacking
* Appointed to the front bench by federal Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull in 2008
* Took on shadow minister for immigration and citizenship in 2009 following Tony Abbott's leadership spill
* Appointed by Tony Abbott as Minister for Immigration and Border Protection from September 2013, then Minister for Social Services from December 2014
* After Malcolm Turnbull replaced Tony Abbott as prime minister he was made Treasurer from September 2015
* Holds the safe seat of Cook in southern Sydney with a margin of 15.4 per cent.
Australian Associated Press