The Coonamble Challenge and Campdraft will go ahead from March 28 to 31 despite ongoing drought forcing the cancellation of up to 70 per cent of campdrafts in NSW and over half in Queensland.
Committee president Andrew Shearer said the support of dedicated local cattle donors allowed the event to go ahead with competitors travelling from Queensland and across NSW vying for a scoop of more than $40,000 in prizes.
Although not running quite a full program, the event will still showcase four full days of competition.
In addition to the Stockman's Challenge and campdraft events, spectators are invited to watch three top horse trainers in the colt starting competition.
"We introduced the Colt Starting Competition for the first-time last year and it was a huge success," Mr Shearer said.
"It drew a large crowd and it was amazing to watch three top trainers handle these horses over three sessions, each with different methods."
Horses have been donated by Hugh Miles Breeding and Performance Horses and will be auctioned off at the completion of the event on Saturday night.