The 10 lucky finalists have been selected to compete in the Australian Livestock and Property Agents Association NSW Young Auctioneers Competition at Sydney Royal Show in 2020.
There was a record number of agents who nominated for one the 10 finalists positions which were announced on Monday.
Selection took place during the ALPA Auctioneers School in Sydney earlier this month.
Across the two action-packed days, 31 auctioneers honed their skills under the guidance of highly experienced auctioneers and speech pathologists.
The NSW school was not just open to NSW auctioneers. Young agents keen to improve their skills from Tasmania and Western Australia also took part in the school.
ALPA northern regional manager Andrea Lethbridge said agents must attend the school to be eligible for selection in the NSW competition and this year there were 21 nominations.
"The judges certainly had a tough task selecting the final 10 to compete in the ALPA NSW Young Auctioneers Competition," Ms Lethbridge said.
Congratulations to the 2020 ALPA NSW Young Auctioneers Competition finalists:
- Ned Balharrie, Landmark Wagga Wagga
- Jack Brown, Elders Rural Services, Nyngan
- William Claridge, CL Squires and Company, Inverell
- Jake McKenzie, MD and JJ Anderson Pty Ltd, Crookwell
- Ben McMahon, Lehman Stock and Property, Inverell
- Nick Rogers, Davidson Cameron and Company, Tamworth
- Jake Smith, Elders Rural Services, Gundagai
- Sam Smith, Kevin Miller Whitty Lennon, Forbes
- Harry Waters, Elders Rural Services, Gundagai
- Shannon Wicks, Landmark Wagga Wagga
The competition is a showcase of the best young agents (25 years or younger) in NSW and is run at the same time as the National Young Auctioneers Competition.
The winner and the runner-up in the state competition earn a place to compete in the national competition the following year.
During the competition at Sydney Royal in 2020, auctioneers will be judged by a panel of three judges who take into account the young auctioneers diction, values of the stock they sell, voice and manner, as well as their presence and unique selling style.