This is advertiser content for Nutrien Ag Solutions.
How often do you get a performance guarantee offered with your winter broadacre crop inputs?
With Basis® XC treated fertiliser applied to over one million hectares over recent years, Nutrien Ag Solutions is so confident you will see a positive return on your Basis XC investment, we are prepared to back it up with a performance guarantee.
First, some background on the product
Basis XC is a fertiliser biocatalyst that is specifically formulated for application onto granular fertilisers. It contains concentrated biochemistry that lets growers get more out of their applied Phosphorus, Potassium and trace element fertilisers by increasing nutrient availability and enhancing root growth and function.
By accelerating the breakdown of treated granular fertiliser, Basis XC makes nutrients more available for plant uptake and utilisation, leading to increased plant and root growth, along with improved yield potential.
Progressive growers are incorporating Basis XC into their farm plans and often see better yield responses and increased fertiliser efficiency each season.
Basis XC is effective across a broad range of plant and soil types and can be easily incorporated into any production practice that uses granular fertiliser, without requiring an extra pass across the paddock.
Basis XC is exclusive to Nutrien Ag Solutions and CRT and can be professionally pre-treated at port by major fertiliser suppliers or by Nutrien Ag Solutions and CRT regional fertiliser depots.
In 2018, Georgie Phillips, Agronomist for Nutrien Ag Solutions at Goondiwindi conducted a trial in Billa Billa QLD.
Basis XC treated MAP was applied at 40 Kg/ha to a Flinders barley crop and compared to a control of MAP at 40 Kg/ha. The crop was planted on May 15 using a Boss single disc opener. The soil type was a light clay loam with a surface pH of eight. Phosphorus levels on the surface and sub soil were critically low.
Crop emergence was strong given good planting conditions into stubble with the single disc planter. There were minimal visual differences between the Basis XC treated and control areas, until the crop began to tiller where it had developed a stronger root system in the Basis XC area.
This barley crop grew in a tough season with just 85mm of in crop rainfall and there were no distinct nutritional differences observed from the tissue tests taken in crop.
There were little visual or physical differences to be seen above ground throughout the crop until post flowering where the Basis XC treated area remained greener for longer, prolonging the grain filling period.
This led to the crop better utilising the end of season rainfall more than the control area, resulting in larger and additional grain.
The control area of the field yielded 3.49 MT/ha and the Basis XC treated area yielded 3.74 MT/ha, giving a 250kg yield increase.
Observations suggest the Basis XC assisted in creating more readily available nutrition for the crop from the applied starter fertiliser, which resulted in the root system becoming more vigorous and the crop had greater access to moisture and nutrition.
The return on investment in this trial was exceptional, with around $70/ha increase in profit which makes Basis XC an easy choice when sowing a crop with starter fertiliser.
Basis XC was an extremely easy product to use. The grower did not have to change any of his normal planting program as the fertiliser arrived with it already applied. There was a noticeable yield increase from the product and the return on investment was high, especially given grain prices at the time. I would be happy to recommend Basis XC again.
Purchase your Basis® XC applied fertiliser, provide a check strip without Basis XC and compare your yield at harvest. If the Basis® XC treated area does not provide a greater financial return per hectare than the untreated area above the increased cost per hectare of coating your fertiliser with Basis XC, then Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide the same quantity of Basis XC applied to your fertiliser next season, at no cost.
How can you participate?
Participants agree to the following parameters:
1. Only the labelled rates of Basis XC must be used (2L/MT) - failure to do so will render you ineligible for this offer.
2. A test strip (without Basis XC) must be planted on comparable soil types, at the same time, with the same planter, fertiliser rate, seed variety, seed treatments and paddock history, to compare yield data at harvest. The same post emergent crop protection and nutrition program must also apply.
3. Each area (with and without Basis XC) to be flagged to separate the two treatments.
4. Crop must be harvested, and yield results submitted by January 1, 2021 or later with prior approval, using the online registration tool
5. Yield data must be reviewed and verified by Nutrien Ag Solutions following submission, prior to this offer being honoured.
6. Crop type must be; canola, wheat, barley, chickpeas, lentils, lupins, oats, faba beans.
7. In the event of force majeure or if the crop is cut for hay, this offer does not apply.
8. If the Basis XC treated area does not provide a greater financial return per hectare than the untreated area above the increased cost per hectare of coating your fertiliser with Basis XC, then Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide the same quantity of Basis XC applied to your fertiliser next season, at no cost.
- Basis® is a registered trademark of Loveland Products Inc. and licensed to Nutrien Ag Solutions Limited (ABN 73 008 743 217). The information provided in this publication is intended as a guide only. Although Nutrien Ag Solutions has taken all due care to provide accurate information in this article, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should rely upon the information contained in this article without appropriate professional advice regarding relevant factors specific to your situation such as planting times and environmental conditions. Product labels and usage directions should be followed for the application of any product referred to in this article. To the maximum extent permitted by law, and except as prohibited under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Nutrien Ag Solutions will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising out of any reliance on any product, information, recommendation or advice contained in this article, except to the extent of the offer disclosed in this article. Where our liability cannot be excluded, it is limited at our option to supplying the relevant services again, or paying the cost of that supply. Nutrien Ag Solutions collects, uses, discloses and handles personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the privacy principles (as amended from time to time). Please see Nutrien Ag Solutions' Privacy & Security Policy available at www.NutrienAgSolutions.com.au for information about privacy processes.
This is advertiser content for Nutrien Ag Solutions.